SAW OPERATOR NEEDED FOR MANUFACTURING COMPANY
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operation of horizontal Band Saw
* Must have excellent understanding of Band Saw operations.
* Must be able to read and understand saw manuals.
* Continuous cutting cycles.
* Proper length of cuts (must convert fractions to decimal, have basic math skills)
* Proper use blades.
* User’s maintenance and documentation of trial blades vs. current blades
* Documentation of saw log.
* Movement of raw materials, castings, and forgings from saw area to specified machine area in a timely manner.
*Clean-up of machine shop and R&D, removal of chips from chip pans (manual machines)
* Transfer of metal chips to dumping containers outside.
* Removal of old stagnate coolant and replacement of fresh coolant.
* Removal of debris from shop floor.
* Picking up and placing all shop rags into the appropriate container for pick up.
* Assist in the Machine Shop when the need arises.